Climate and Ecological Emergency 8.00-10.00 am Tuesday February 8th
Time & Location
About the event
Dear CAT colleagues (we are mailing out to 50 of you who have attended meetings so far)
We are pleased to announce the next gathering of the CAT Special Interest Group for the Climate and Ecological Emergency, on Tuesday 8th February, from 8 - 10am London time. You are warmly invited to attend, and to share this invitation amongst your networks. Please register to attend so we know how many are coming. A zoom invite will be sent three days before the meeting to those who register. We are meeting in the early morning so we can join together as colleagues internationally.
We will be mapping, writing, and sharing our thoughts and feelings about the CEE.
We will also be developing our ideas and plans for how we can realize our emerging aims, including how we could use this group as a base to help us disseminate our work, and develop outside activities.
Here are the draft aims of this group:
- To work internationally and locally to promote CAT informed dialogue about the Climate and Ecological Emergency (CEE).
- To use Cognitive Analytic Therapy to promote dialogue and understanding about different responses to the CEE and their impacts.
- To develop CAT as a source of emotional support and reflectiveness in relation to the CEE, within selves and with others, in dialogue between different voices.
- To support CAT informed activities against the threats to all life caused by the CEE, and against responses to the CEE which promote unjust, unequal or inhumane relationships.
We look forward to seeing you.
Jackie, Matthew, Nick, Rabhya, Reem, Steve, Tim (as the steering group)
Here is an update on our second meeting on the 30th November. We had 23 people present and had short, informative and inspiring presentations from
- Nick Barnes on being at COP26
- Katy Woodward on working with XRPsychologists
- Rebecca Nestor on the work of the climate psychology alliance.
We spent time in breakout rooms and explored how we can use CAT to help develop a supportive dialogue that connects our own feelings of hope, guilt, anger and despair to ways of formulating the various responses to the Climate and Ecological Emergency. We will take notes of future meetings to share with those who cannot attend.
Links to other groups
Please also note the invitation and link from Katy Woodward for anyone interested: Happy new year! With the welcoming in of 2022, there's also a warm welcome to XR psychologists, for both those who are new and those who have been involved for any length of time. Please do join our intro and welcome event on 19th January, whether you are feeling ambivalent/unsure about XR or itching to take more climate action. Registration is via Eventbrite, feel free to share this link with any others from the psychology professions: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/introduction-and-welcome-to-xr-psychologists-tickets-230071910277
- Free Registration£0£00£0